cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA Reachability is always up?

Gualter Guizado
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, im trying to get IP SLA to work on a test environment, this is my current configuration.

IP_SLA.jpg

Now if I issue a shut on any port on R1 even if i disconnect the cable, the

sh track 1 command always shows "reachability is up" if I try to ping 10.1.5.1 the ping fails.

the track 1 static route is always up.

If i replace the ASA1 for another router the SLA works, I tested this on a Real ASA with 8.2.2(16), I didnt not issue any routes as its a Production ASA, but I configured the IP SLA without a route and even sending the host down the sh track 1 command always shows "reachability is up"

Does anyone know what i might be doing wrong?

Many Thanks

4 Replies 4

waqas younas
Level 1
Level 1

please share the configuration and the destination you are tracking, will be more helpul with any rough diagram.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Regards Waqas Younas CCIEx2 #27815 (Routing and Switching) (Service Provider) Contact for Online Training

Hi, the whole configuration is on the diagram.

This is a test environment, therefore the only configuration R1 R2 and R3 have is interface IP addresses and EIGRP advertising network 10.1.4.0 and 10.1.3.0, and R4 advertising 10.1.5.0.

The Asa has the 2 interfaces configures and the IP SLA which is written on the diagram.

The destination of the track is 10.1.5.1 as in the configuration on the Diagram.

Gualter Guizado
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to mention on the diagram configuration for the ASA i have sla monitor schedule 1 life forever start-time now

Gualter Guizado
Level 1
Level 1

Everything is working now, the problem was that after everything was setup, a reload on the firewall did the trick.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card