Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA / route tracking question

kseraphine
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

I'm using IP SLA and route tracking to manage the default route on a router with two broadband connections. It works well most of the time but during large file transfers the probes tend to be lost or delayed causing a failover to the secondary route. This resets the session and the user has to begin the file transfer again.

Is there a way to configure the router so the tracking feature doesn't pull the route on a single missed probe? I thought maybe the IP SLA threshold command would do this but the context help seems to contradict that.

Here's the config I'm using. The event manager stuff is needed to clear the nat table when a route change occurs.

ip sla 1

icmp-echo xx.xx.30.1 source-ip 192.168.101.2

timeout 1500

frequency 30

ip sla reaction-configuration 1 react timeout threshold-type immediate action-type trapOnly

ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now

track 123 rtr 1

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 XX.XX.30.1 track 123

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 XX.XX.75.233 254

event manager applet ClearNAT

event track 123 state any

action a1 cli command "clear ip nat trans *"

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

track 123 rtr 1

delay down x up y

Use the values of x and y in that case. When a probe is missed, the SLA action is taken 'x' seconds after the probe is missed during which if another probe is successful, then the counter resets and begins again

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

track 123 rtr 1

delay down x up y

Use the values of x and y in that case. When a probe is missed, the SLA action is taken 'x' seconds after the probe is missed during which if another probe is successful, then the counter resets and begins again

HTH

That's what I'm looking for.

I didn't even notice there was a config-track mode when I originally configured the router.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card