cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip ssh dscp & snmp-server ip dscp commands?

As part of a QoS project we are proposing setting the DSCP value for Telnet, SSH & SNMP to CS2 as per the RFC 4594 recommendations for OAM traffic. I found this on CCO regarding the snmp stuff: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a00801b3c85.html

This is fine when the configuration is added to Catalyst 3750 or 3560 running the latest IOS (12.2(40)SE). However I have tried a 877 router running the very latest 12.4(15)T1 Advanced IP Services IOS and the command isn't available (nor is the ip ssh dscp command). The command 'ip telnet tos' command is available on both the switches and the router.

The document I linked to states this command has been available since 12.0(26)S so I assumed this would be in 12.4(15)T1? Is this a platform thing? i.e. it will be 'bigger' routers? I know I can do this with a local policy however I would assume there is a processing overhead? Plus it makes the configuration look slighly more complex (user perception)

Thanks

Andy

2 Replies 2

I just had a dig through feature navigator to see what platforms & IOS releases support this (SNMP Support for IP Precedence and DSCP Support) and the only platforms listed are the 7200, 7500, 10K & 12K and only in IOS release 12.0S, 12.0SY & 12.0SZ.

I have configured this with Catalyst 3550, 3560 & 3750 running 12.2(37)SE & 12.2(40)SE. So why is the feature navigator wrong? Is there much point in checking feature navigator?

Andy

I 'm also getting in this trouble now, then I find out this post. 2 of my 2800 routers boot with the IOS ver 12.4 (13r)T and have no snmp/ssh  DSCP commands available. After rechecking cisco reference, and upgrading IOS one to ver 12.4 (21)T and one to ver 15.0, the 2 commands are available.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card