cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP to X.25

michaelbroche
Level 1
Level 1

I have an application where I would like to map IP addresses on Ethernet to a router connecting via x.25 to many remote sites. Is there an IOS feature where I can create a routing/lookup table that equates an IP address with an X.25 address for up to 2,000 X.25 nodes?

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, that is a normal use for X.25 in IOS.

Thank you p.bevilacqua.

Is there a particular IOS command/feature you would recommend and does it require the Enterprise version of IOS?

Mike

For a very large number of map entries, use the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0t/12_0t5/feature/guide/x25dns.html

Thank you again.

The only difference with my app is that I would use an ip address on a single host mapped x.25 devices over an x.25 cloud. More like TCP over X.25.

Can it still work?

DNS is good idea... : )

Sorry, I do not quite understand what is you case.

Sngle IP host conencted to router via Ethernet. The host sends to a variety of IP addresses on the same subnet which are forwarded to a single router (default gateway). Each IP address in the subnet maps to an x.25 remote address accessed through an x.25 cloud.

That is normal working and you can use the DNS feature, or configure the mapping in the router, as you prefer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card