Views
Helpful
Replies

IPBASE IOS limitation

mknair2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

My 3750 switch has IPBase IOS,which only allows me to use EIGRP as a stub network but I have Call Managers connected behind the switch, which needs to be accessed from outside network.

Any alternate way to over come IOS limitation other than upgrade?

This is how the setup is:

Router>>>>3750 EIGRP>>>CallManager

Any suggestion?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

With IP base version of the IOS in addition to EIGRP static route is also supported.  So, if it is small network with very few devices, just configure static routes.

HTH

Reza

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

mknair2000 wrote:

Hi:

My 3750 switch has IPBase IOS,which only allows me to use EIGRP as a stub network but I have Call Managers connected behind the switch, which needs to be accessed from outside network.

Any alternate way to over come IOS limitation other than upgrade?

This is how the setup is:

Router>>>>3750 EIGRP>>>CallManager

Any suggestion?

As Reza says you can use static routes or also RIP (i believe) but i'm confused about your query. Is the outside network that connects to the Call Managers coming via the router in your diagram ?

If so EIGRP stub would work fine for you. EIGRP stub simpy advertises the network(s) behind it so you would still be advertising the Call Managers to the router and from there to wherever you need. With EIGRP stub you coudl advertise a default-route via EIGRP from the router so that the Call Managers know how to send the return traffic.

Or are the Call Managers accessed via a different link from the outside network ?

Jon

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you upgrade to 12.2(55)SE and OSPFv1 is supported on IP Base feature set.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card