cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPLC and WAN link

daveporter123
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone explain me what is difference between IPLC and normal WAN link?

is there any configuration or some physical difference between both of them?

dporter

5 Replies 5

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

(1)A normal WAN (Leased Line) is link between a geogriphical limitation on a country, whereas an IPLC (International private leased circuit) is between countries.

(2)A normal WAN link is given by the local telco player, wheras in IPLC, its a circuit shared by two providers.

(3)For a user point of view, there is no difference, but as a service provider point of view, you need to have an agreement with the telco in another country to enable the communication( which is generally under groung sea cable or satellite link)

Pls rate helpful posts.

Regards

JD

hi JD

then configuration wise also it will be same as our normal WAN?

and which kind of agreement they have for IPLC?

so when i hire IPLC then they will give me the connection to my location to ISP and that ISP will have aggrement and connection with the ISP of other countary?

dporter

Hi Dave

Yes, The config is same.In fact the IPLC link provider in my country even terminates the link at my end using an modem or E1, I just need to configure my router just as I do between a P2P link within the country.We generally use Frame-relays for the same.

Between which countries this link has to be istablished? You need to specifically locate this type of service provider.You do not have to worry about the agreement.That will be managed by the telco

I am not talking about the ISPs.I am talking about the dedicated connectivity.

Other way round.....

You take bandwidth in both the countries.create VPN tunnels between them.It will be a cost-effective solution and relieves you from the headaches of maintaining the whole circuit.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Regards

JD

so they are assign me perticular amount of bandwidht and that is gurrented to me, am i right? then i can term it as wan link also?

now i have 300 user here so how much bandwidht i need as all user use web and ftp as well as voice so i have to take care of voice data so what will be the minimum bandwidth limit i need?

dporter

Bingo! You are absoulutely right in assuming that a dedicated IPLC circuit gaurentees a particular amount of bandwidth.

As far as bandwidth requirement is concerned, you must be having current communication going on between two current locations in which you wanted to apply for an IPLC.You can easily take it as a reference.I may not be able to advice you about your bandwidth requirement, b'coz you will know better....

Pls make a note that you will need to even consider costs as IPLCs are very expensives.You can implement QoS (Quality of service) in your routers to prioritize your traffic (Voice etc).

Hope it helps.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Regards

JD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card