Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPLC requirements

Hi,

Can anyone help me to list all the required hardwares and softwares for an IPLC connection.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

An IPLC link is an point-to-point link between offices gegrophaically seperated by country borders.Here you do not have specific hardware requirements except the routers and modems.

Generally the modems are delivered by the carrier itself.The carrier will give you physical layer connectivity between both your locations.Or even it may give you frame-relay type connectivity.All you have to do is identify such carrier in your country.

I want to know:

(1)Where are the 2 locations.

(2)What is the bandwidth you are looking at.

Other economical and viable solution is :you take bandwidth from local ISP( say 2mb or so) and deploy Cisco PIX VPN on both sides.

Pls revert back if u have more questions.

Pls rate helpful posts

Regards

JD

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

An IPLC link is an point-to-point link between offices gegrophaically seperated by country borders.Here you do not have specific hardware requirements except the routers and modems.

Generally the modems are delivered by the carrier itself.The carrier will give you physical layer connectivity between both your locations.Or even it may give you frame-relay type connectivity.All you have to do is identify such carrier in your country.

I want to know:

(1)Where are the 2 locations.

(2)What is the bandwidth you are looking at.

Other economical and viable solution is :you take bandwidth from local ISP( say 2mb or so) and deploy Cisco PIX VPN on both sides.

Pls revert back if u have more questions.

Pls rate helpful posts

Regards

JD

JD,

Thanks for the information. You are so kind. God bless u and ur family.

leon.mflai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Following is what you need in IPLC connection:

C1841-ISR x 2

WIC-1T x 2

V35 Cable x 2

IP Base IOS x 2

Hope it will help. Please rate if it is helpful.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card