cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

IPsec error Log denotes

Hi 

i have received some errors in ipsec frequently..  i had tested the same in simulation there is no issue in site to site ipsec but if i enable ipsec with multiple destination same error i am received in simulation also.. So will it denotes.. if we are going configure ipsec for multiple any extra  configuration set up required.. 

this is the error

%CRYPTO-4-IKMP_NO_SA: IKE Message from  x.x.x.x has no SA and is not not intilazation offer..

where x.x.x.x is Ip address of remote peer. of Secondary Router of  Branch 1

% CRYPTO-4-Recived_PKT_INV_SPI decaps: rec'd IPSEC Packet had invalid spi for destaddress= Y.Y.Y.Y, prot=50, Spi=OXC1ADE6A(391183850)  src address =z.z.z.z input interface fa0/0

Y.Y.Y.Y ip address of secondary router  of Branch 2

z.z.z.z ip address of Local router.

Surprise i am receiving this for secondary link only.. Ipsec traffice flow only in primary link only secondary will not utilized until primary going down..

This is rough scenarioa

HQ-- Primary and secondary Router.. From Primary IPSec was configured for Branch 1 Primary and Secondary Peer and Branch 2 Primary and Secondary Peer so there will 4 Peer address in Primary Router, The same Configuration on Secondary router also.

Branch 1 

Primary and secondary Router.. From Primary IPSec was configured for Branch 2 Primary and Secondary Peer and  HQ  Primary and Secondary Peer so there will 4 Peer address in Primary Router, The same Configuration on Secondary router also.

Branch 2 Primary and secondary Router.. From Primary IPSec was configured for Branch 1 Primary and Secondary Peer and  HQ  Primary and Secondary Peer so there will 4 Peer address in Primary Router, The same Configuration on Secondary router also.

What is extra configuration we need to work properly.. One more what is difference in IP sec for site to site and site to Multiple site.. what is advantages of IKEV1 and IKEV2.. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content