Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC issues

kradjesh13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having a strange issue with IPSEC configuration. I have configured 2 cisco routers with IPSEC for the remote sites and the core is having a VPN concentrator.

The problem is, both never come online at the same time. If comes online the other router's session will be in DOWN-NEGOTATION state. Which ever comes first will form an IPSEC and can access the central resources at the core without any issues.

So, one is arresting other to form an IPSEC tunnel.

Please let me know if any one knows what might be the issue.

Thanks

Rajesh

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are they using the same subnet between the two routers? My first thought is that they may both be using the same internal addressing scheme, and the concentrator has a profile that knows how to route the traffic for that private subnet. The concentrator will get "confused" if it has multiple policies for the same internal subnet but different peer addresses and both being attached at the same time.

Can you post configs for the routers?

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hi rajesh

This looks like u r using different Cryptomap(on concentrator interface ) for each remote location.Use a single Cryptomap name in the concentrator and have different sequence number to differentiate betweeen the remote sites on the concentrator.

Ullas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card