Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPSEC performance of Cisco 1921

Hi,

Anyone know the throughput of IPSEC for Cisco 1921 (3DES)?

2 REPLIES

The SEC-K9 permanent licenses apply to the Cisco 1900, 2900, and 3900 ISR G2 platforms; these licenses limit

all encrypted tunnel counts to 225 tunnels maximum for IP Security (IPsec), Secure Sockets Layer VPN (SSL

VPN), a secure time-division multiplexing (TDM) gateway, and secure Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) and

1000 tunnels for Transport Layer Security (TLS) sessions.

The SEC-K9 license limits encrypted throughput to less than or equal to 85-Mbps unidirectional traffic in or out of

the ISR G2 router, with a bidirectional total of 170 Mbps. This requirement applies for the Cisco 1900, 2900, and

3900 ISR G2 platforms.

Thanks

Ajay

Hi Marcus,

By default it is 8 Mbps with k9 bundle.
If you enable datak9 license on that then you can configure the throughput based on your original WAN link capacity.

In my case, recently I have experienced that in my 1921 router at one site, the original link capacity is 10 Mbps but the throughput under the tunnel is just 8 Mbps.
After I enabled the datak9 license I was able to define the throughput under the tunnel to 10 Mbps.

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Views
Helpful
Replies