Cisco Support Community
Community Member

IPv6 Connection

Hi..This is Faisal. I am actually new with the router and its configuration. Right now i have one question but i believe we guys won?t laugh for my question. I will be really glad to get ur kind response.

The thing is I am currently using Cisco 2600, very old version of router for my IPv6 experiments. Among its four interfaces i am using FastEthereal 0/0 and FastEthereal 0/1. From the first interface (0/0) i already made an IPv6 tunnel configuration through our ISP who provides IPv6 services. It was great...and i could ping all of the IPv6 world wide network through that particular interface successfully.

Now.....i want to use my other interface (FastEthernet 0/1) to connect with any one of the PC (Dual-Stack) from my created test-bed. Therefore I used a cross cable to connect one of my PC with the Interface (0/1) and after changes the configuration in that interface (0/1) i was also able to ping IPv6 world through the command line from MY PC side. Means everything till this stage works fine.

But....when i was trying to browse those site through FireFox (IPv6 supported browser) from my PC.....none of the page i could open. Every time it was saying page can't display. Immediately i tried to ping from my PC (command line), to the site which i want to brows......the result was successful......Right now I am thinking that i may missed some options therefore our ISP?s DNS6 is not supporting.

Can any one plz help me to know the reason? If that is my problem then can u plz tell me how can i configure that (0/1) interface so that i can browse IPv6 site from my PC, without touching the Interface (0/0)?

Thank u

Cisco Employee

Re: IPv6 Connection

It sounds like the issue could be with DNS resolution. Can you tell me if you use hostnames or IPv6 addresses when you ping?

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
CreatePlease to create content