cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is GZIP compression suported on ACE module ACE10-6500-K9?

ruben-meneses
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'd like to know if compression is suported on the ACE modules ACE10-6500-K9.

I'd like to off load this ussing gzip for example on the ACE modules.

I have not been able to find any related info on this any info would be appreciated.

Cheers.

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Optimization includes hardware-accelerated GZIP and deflate compression and patented delta encoding. GZIP and deflate compression provide significant byte savings on transmitted files. For example, text-based file sizes can be reduced up to 80 percent. The Cisco ACE 4710 appliance achieves speeds up to 1 Gbps for compression. The Cisco delta encoding technology enables the Cisco ACE 4710 appliance to send only the difference (or deltas) between a previous and new instance of a webpage. Without this technology, subsequent visits to a webpage require the client to download the entire HTML page, even though typically only a small percentage of the content has changed.

The ACE XML Gateway compresses qualifying responses using the GZIP compression format.

Thanks for your comments. The Cisco ACE 4710 definetlly support these features. I have since then that the actual ACE10-6500-K9 modules do not currentlly support the compression but cisco are working on implementing this on the near future. The software is now on a beta version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card