cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there spare slot to replica some files by external CF?

syjeon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently, we have Cisco 2821 and sooner, this device will be refrshed to Cisco 2921.

The problem is that we have to copy some files from existing router to new Cisco 2921 router by CF disk.

I'm not sure if there is spare slot on both of routers, if provided, and then we can instert the new CF disk so that we can replica some file to new router simpely.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

pjmonline
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure about the 2821 but the 2901 I have has 2 cf slots. Both are empty on my router. I think my 2801 only had 1 cf slot. It. Should be possible to take cf from 2821 router and insert it into new 2921.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

2821 only has one CF slot (2921 has two) but both models have TWO (2) USB ports. 

syjeon
Level 1
Level 1

Do you know about the fuction of USB ports? when I worked at NI company, the USB port was not defined at that time of point.

1.  Not all USB thumb drives are supported;

2.   Maximum size I've used is 2 Gb but some have said that they've used 4 Gb successfully; and

3.  Format the USB thumb drives first before putting any files into it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: