Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

ISDN and Dialer Profile

has anyone configured an ISDN using Dialer Profile to backup and MPLS Line meaning it will not be a serial interface or frame relay technology but it would be an ethernet.

any guide or help in this would be helpfull.

3 REPLIES

Re: ISDN and Dialer Profile

Hi there,

Try configuring the dialer interface and put in the command "backup interface xyz" and that should sort it.

I've done thing having an ethernet interface as a backup to a tunnel interface and it works a treat.

Hope that helps,

LH

Please rate all posts

Hello,

have a look at the following configuration example:

interface FastEthernet0/0

backup interface Dialer1

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.0.0.0

mpls ip

!

interface Dialer1

ip address 172.16.1.3 255.0.0.0

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool 1

dialer remote-name Remote_1

dialer string 1234

dialer persistent

dialer-group 1

mpls ip

ppp authentication chap

This sample configuration is from the following document/guide:

ISDN Backup in MPLS Core

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123newft/123t/123t_2/gtisdnbk.htm

Regards,

GNT

Bronze

thanks everyone,

i will illustrate my problem more clearly,

my router is connected to a modem and that modem is connected to a MPLS cloud (ISP) and same situation is on both ends.

so suppose mpls not working, no communication, there is no way i can tell the router to know that the mpls is not working since the router is connected to the modem and since it's ethernet it will never know? so i hope it's clear what i am trying to get... thanks in advance

Views
Helpful
Replies