Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN Call Dropping

Hi,

I have a problem with a router with 4 ISDN PRI links for incoming VoIP calls. The problem that I am facing is that in a day, my ISDN status flaps between 'Multiple_Frame_Established' status to 'TEI_Assigned'. This happens once or twice in a day. I have two service providers and I am facing the problem on both the SP links.

The CPU utilization of the router for 2 processes is high. Could this be a reason for ISDN Flapping. If yes, how can I reduce the CPU utilization for the processes.

Regards,

Sridhar.

1 REPLY

Re: ISDN Call Dropping

Hi there,

I had a look at the show tech and all seems ok, but the processor on that sort of load should be no where near what it is!!

I had a look on your software revision and it's a bug I'm afraid. Have a look at this link for more details:-

CSCse63494

Headline: RTP: invalid RTCP packet may cause CPUHOG in VOIP_RTCP

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCse63494

There seem to be one or two issues with the VOIP_RTCP in that revision of code.

However, it's affecting quite a lot of versions of the 12.4 code (if not all of them) and is currently at a Severity 1 in the bug tool - which is as bad as it gets, but they'll be working hard to get a fix.

I'd suggest raising this with TAC so that they can advise you on the best steps to take or the version of code that would fix the issues - it might even be worth dropping down to 12.3(14). Raise it with TAC - they'll give you the best advice here.

Hope this helps,

LH

** Please rate all posts **

Views
Helpful
Replies