minimintu
Level 1
Level 1

how to configure a Router to Dial out Multiple Sites using ISDN PRI

10 Replies 10

arvindchari
Level 3
Level 3

What you need to do is to configure a channelized E1 / T1 which allows you to treat each of the PRI ISDN channels as separate BRI channels.

Please check the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/products_module_installation_guide_chapter09186a008010b8e8.html#31087

and scroll down to the channelized E1 ISDN interfaces section.

You could also consider using Multilink PPP to bundle channels for more bandwidth

HTH

i have still not understood.

Remote locations has BRI configured on the router and Central location has PRI configured. The present situation is that BRI dials to PRI.

Now, i want that PRI (central location) should dial BRI(remote location).

how to do it???

help me out

Every BRI inteface Must have a telephone number

On a BRI interface you have 2 Channels and on a PRI E1 you have 23 Channels, so basically you can use 1 or 2 channels (PPP Multilink if you want) from PRI central location to your branch BRI

Check how to configure ISDN basic using PRI and BRI on the Cisco website

Here is a working configuration from a router dialing another PRI site. It is not exactly what you want but gives you an idea how to configure a PRI (E1)interface. You can have multiple BRIs dialing into a hub site with a PRI.

isdn switch-type primary-net5

controller E1 6/0

pri-group timeslots 1-31

username password

interface Serial6/0:15

description *** ***

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

no ip route-cache

dialer pool-member 1

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

ppp multilink

!

interface Dialer6

description *** ***

ip address 10.250.0.138 255.255.255.252

encapsulation ppp

no ip route-cache

no ip mroute-cache

dialer pool 1

dialer remote-name

dialer idle-timeout 600

dialer string

dialer load-threshold 100 either

dialer-group 1

no fair-queue

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

ppp multilink

dialer-list 1 protocol ip list 101

access-list 101 permit ip any any

HTH

E.

The above configuration is for BRI dialing to PRI.this i know how to do it.

I require dialout from PRI. How PRI(central hub) can dial BRI (remote location)

can somebody plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me out

The configuration is for a "PRI"

It can dial out to a BRI site, no problem. I don't know how many spokes you have. If you have multiple you need to modify the config accordingly. There is nothing stopping you from creating multiple dialers, one for each spoke. There are also other ways of doing it. Please refer to the documentation links provided. I don't have a config for T1 PRI, but if your are using Euro ISDN then this is a good start as it is a config from a live network and works....

i have around 200 dialers configured at the central location router.5 PRI's are terminated on the central router.

now tell me how to modify the configuration so that PRI's will dial all the BRI's

help me out

Since you are using dialers, for each serial interface with 30-B channels you can allocate 15 dialers. Each dialer will correspond to a remote office with BRI (2-B ch).

The dialer will use the PRI associated with the

dialer pool-member

dialer pool

commands.

interface Serial6/2:15

description *** ***

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

no ip route-cache

dialer pool-member 3

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

ppp multilink

interface Dialer1

description *** ***

ip address ...............

encapsulation ppp

no ip route-cache

no ip mroute-cache

dialer pool 3

dialer remote-name

dialer idle-timeout 30

dialer string

dialer load-threshold 100 either

dialer-group 1

no snmp trap link-status

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

ppp multilink

There are a lot of documents on CCO which will help you with this. But the config I have given you should work.

Rgds

E.

i am attaching the problem in details

plzzzz help me out....

i am stuck

The configurations I have given you so far are valid. However assuming it is the clients that initiate traffic to the servers (located at the hub site) then the remote router has to dial first and request a call back from the hub router. Otherwise how would the hub know that the clients need to access the servers and dial out?

The link shows you how to configure call back.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fdial_c/fnsprt10/dafcbddr.htm

If you don't know how to configure ISDN, please use the attached link to study the configuration guides and then experiment.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fdial_c/index.htm

Rgds

E.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: