Helpful
Replies

ISDN Problem after office move

richardmis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

We are a UK based company.

We have Cisco 2610 ISDN Router that has worked fine for the last five years. We have now moved offices, and it is unhappy. We use the router to dial out to customer sites. The config has not changed since the move, could not see any reason why the config would need to change. The ISDN lines are up and running, had BT on site yesterday to check the lines. There seems to be a connection between the ISDN terminals and the Router. If I pull a cable out the light on the ISDN terminal starts flashing, if I plug the cable back in it stops flashing. Now if I try to connect to a remote site it attempts to dial the correct number i get

ISDN-6-LAYER2DOWN: Layer 2 for Interface BR1/3, TEI 255 changed to down

I don't want to post all the debug info at this stage, if someone can point me in the right direction. If not I will post the debug info.

Thanks

Richard

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard

A good place to start would be to post the output of show isdn status. And post the config of the interface and any dialers that may be configured.

At this point I would assume that something in the provisioning of the line changed and wonder if some config change is needed.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card