Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN problem

manoj.jain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...

Can any one help me , i m facing one problem , im using ISDN line & leased line .Everything going smooth when using leased line (All aplication and VOIP phone working properly.)but when i switch over to ISDN line (For backup purpose) connectivity very slow and VOIP phone not working properly. Is that due to routing table problem?

Plz help me

Thanx

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Manoj

do revert back how you want to have your traffic routed ..

If you are going to use the GRE tunnel for forwarding the traffic to your remote location then make sure that your default route pointing towards the tunnel 0.

To reach the tunnel destination via serial and bri create static routes one with admin distance via BRI the other one without any admin distance via serial.

If you still have ips to be routed then point them via serial with a backup route pointing thme via bri.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Tunnel10

ip route 203.201.255.97 255.255.255.255 Serial 0/0

ip route 203.201.255.97 255.255.255.255 BRI1/0 100

regds

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

In config file I observed that you have give same subent to leased line and isdn line.

i.e

interface Serial0/0

description *****LL to xx 2MB ******

bandwidth 128

ip address 203.124.194.146 255.255.255.252

!

interface BRI1/0

ip address 203.124.194.146 255.255.255.252

encapsulation ppp

Configure different subent for bri1/0 and chec the issue.

Thanks,

satish

Hi Satish

Since hes using backup interface command under serial interface having the same ip address wont have any effect on the routing table.

The bri interface will be considered shut till the serial is up once the serial goes down then only the bri interface will be activated.

I have seen this kinda config in working environments also better to have the same ip on both serial and bri to have single end to end tunnel created between the peers.

Also if we want to have ipsec vpn then this kinda config comes handy...

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card