cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN urgent help plz

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys we have a rockwell ACD (PABX) which is connected to a cisco 2821 router via E1 card....the router is connected over WAN to a IVR server and the communication is SIP based. the router works perfectly but sometime we get calls from gusy who use PABX that they cant dial calls.....the debug isdn q931 gives us following message.....guys can someone plz help as i m v new to this situaition.....thanks a million.....the thin whih surprise me is when we reload the router the calls starts getting through....strange....pzl look the attached file

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Khan,

first aid:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a008012e95f.shtml

explanation of q931 error codes

the central point is this message:

*Sep 4 03:35:46.574: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 **ERROR**: call_progress: DEV_CONNECTED VOICE ERROR: Bearer capability not available(0x3A): b channel 3 call id 0xE

Bearer Capability

Indicates the requested bearer service to be provided by the network. Refer to Table B-4 in Appendix B, "ISDN Switch Types, Codes, and Values," for detailed information about bearer capability values.

0x8090A3

Voice call (a-law)

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/debug/command/reference/dbfisdn.html

It looks like that in some cases a call is started with a bearer capability info different then the supported one and for this reason is immediately disconnected.

This points to an interoperability issue between the 2821 and the PBX that sometimes happens.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for your reply....but can you please tell me some steps that i can confirm its the interoperability nissue or some please give me some tips so that i can dig more deeper.....i am very much fed up with tjis and your prompt help will be really appriciated.

Hello Khan,

I would look at the PBX documentation and configuration to see if it allows an outgoing call using different bearer capabilities or it is missing sometimes to translate a codec to the accepted one and so causing the error on the router.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card