Views
Helpful
Replies

iSPF for OSPFv3?

NetMonkey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm testing network convergence for OSPFv3 and EIGRPv6 and looking for ways to improve OSPF.

Does OSPFv3 have iSPF support as it is not showing in the commands list under the AS. Also apart from hello timers and the use of areas is there any other ways to improve OSPF convergence?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hmm, good question about Cisco's OSPFv3, which I don't know the answers to.  Further, your answers might depend on whether your using stand alone OPSFv3 or multi protocol OSPFv2/OSPFv3.

In general, besides iSPF, there's the other Cisco OSPFv2 timers (throttle SPF, LSA arrival and throttle LSA all), which might be supported in OSPFv3.  You might also look to see if BFD is supported in OSPFv3. Lastly you might also consider adjusting interface bounce timers.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using a standalone OSPFv6 topology and looking for ways to increase the convergence time. I've added areas which has halved single area convergence but it is still along way from EIGRP. I found some info on iSPF but that just seems to be IPv4 only.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card