Helpful
Replies

ISR 3845 with PRI, PVDM and HWIC

gerbers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

i got following infrastructure;

ISR 3845 with IOS 12.4.10a, including NM-1CE1T1-PRI,PVDM2-24DM and HWIC-8A/S-232

I have to setup following configurations:

1. Depending on the incoming calling number on the PRI interface, i have to path through the connection to a dedicated RS232 port of the HWIC module.

2. I have to setup a ISDN call initiated from a system connected on the HWIC module.

Question:

Can somebody help me concerning the configuration of these two setups.

Thank you very much in advance

regards

stephan

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will need to know what are the network protocols used on these calls, to terminate, route or translate them.

Although STUN support transparent transport of synchronous streams from one port to another, it does not support switched/ISDN calls, only predefined serial interfaces.

Sorry for the bad delay. I' try to get detailed information from customer side. Unfortunately without success so far. I guess the network protocol will be IP. But i like to confirm this from customer side.

regards

stephan

gerbers
Level 1
Level 1

Attached you'll find the diagram.

regards

stephan

There are 2 types of repeater: 2nd and 3rd generation.

- Communication 2nd generation repeaters, even if modem based is proprietary, non-network-based, 7bit ACSII VT100 and clearly application dedicated nature

- 3rd the communication protocol is IP over a RAS/PPP dialup or direct network connection.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card