Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

ISR G1 and IOS 15

Can anyone point me to a link that confirms no licenses are required for the ISR G1 to run IOS 15, thanks.

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

ISR G1 and IOS 15

Can anyone point me to a link that confirms no licenses are required for the ISR G1 to run IOS 15, thanks.

Can you elaborate?   What are you trying to do?

If you are, for example, upgrading from 12.4 IP Base to 15.0 IP Base (same feature set) then it's fine.

However, if you are upgrading from 12.4 IP Base to 15.0 Advanced IP (feature set upgrade) then you need to purchase a Feature Set Upgrade license.

ISR G1 and IOS 15

Thanks, it would be within feature sets so that would not be the issue. I just want to make sure none of the licensing rules of the ISR G2 applies and upgrading to IOS 15 does not mean I need to get licenses.

Well here is an example, the IP Base on the ISR G1 can do IP SLA but IP Base on the ISR G2 can't. Would I lose that functionality on an ISR G1 if I upgraded it to IOS 15 and would need to get a data license for it to work?

Hall of Fame Super Blue

ISR G1 and IOS 15

Would I lose that functionality on an ISR G1 if I upgraded it to IOS 15 and would need to get a data license for it to work?

If you stay within the same feature set then you don't need a license (you may need to have a valid Cisco Service Contract for the download benefit).

Hall of Fame Super Gold

ISR G1 and IOS 15

I am not authoritative on this. But it sure looks to me like you lose the IP SLA functionality unless you upgrade to the Data license. Is there a Cisco person who can give us an authoritative answer?

HTH

Rick

ISR G1 and IOS 15

I would certainly appreciate if someone from Cisco could clarify.

Hall of Fame Super Blue

ISR G1 and IOS 15

Send your inquiries to license@cisco.com.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content