cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR with mail server

mbluemel
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing a 1841 and have a bit of a problem. I need to forward all smtp traffic on the outside to a mail server on the internal network. I was hoping to do a static as I would on a pix but this does not work. Everything is running except for this and I am lost on how to do it.

7 Replies 7

leighharrison
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

You would do it in the same way, but the config is different. You need to:-

a) Specify inside and outside addresses - use the command ip nat inside/outside on the interfaces

b) Configure port-static NAT from the outside to inside.

If you have an ip address specified in the outside world for your mail server, then use a static NAT.

Check out this link for config specifics:-

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipras_r/1rfipadr.htm#wp1061980

Hope that helps,

LH

Please rate all posts

I have done it using SDM but it doesnt seem to be working. I cannot telnet to port 25 from the outside. I am probably being a prqat but this job is getting me down today and I dont think I am working at full speed.

Can you paste the config that you've got in there?

LH

attached. Thanks for all your help.

Hello again,

You've put the nat statement in the wrong way round! Easily fixed.

You've got:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.1 25 x.x.x.x 25 route-map SDM_RMAP_3 extendable

You need something along the lines of:

ip nat outside source static tcp x.x.x.x 25 192.168.1.1 25

Have a go with that and let me know!

LH

Please rate all posts

Thanks Leigh. I dont know why the GUI seems to always put it in the wrong way around. After messing around with this ( there were several other problems) I asked the customer if he was happy with a Pix instead. This is now in and working fine. Thanks for your help anyway.

HURRAH!!

Great work fella - nothing better than a happy customer ;-)

LH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card