Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Issue with Serial Connection between remote sites

I'll try to keep this brief.  If you need any additional information, let me know. 

Basically, we have a 56K connection to one of our remote sites (it's all that's available). We recently purchased a new 2911 router and are consolidating a couple of routers into just this one.  We purchased a 56K CSU/DSU WIC to go with the new 2911 router.  This WIC is replacing a Cisco 1602 with an onboard CSU/DSU.  The remote is also a 1602.

Here is the output from the sh int Serial 0/2/0 on the new router with the WIC. I just reset the counters and started the process over and things are working great, but what's odd is that the connection will be just fine for perhaps a day and then start to go downhill.  The total output drops starts to shoot up as do the carrier transitions and interface resets, but not quite as much.

interface Serial0/2/0
 description YANKTONSG_LAN
 ip address 192.168.134.1 255.255.255.0

service-module 56k clock source line
 service-module 56k network-type dds
 no ip route-cache
end

And here is the sh int Serial 0 from the remote router as well as the config for the Serial interface.

interface Serial0
 ip address 192.168.134.2 255.255.255.0
 no ip directed-broadcast
 no ip route-cache
 service-module 56k clock source line
 service-module 56k network-type dds

I repeatedly called the provider to have them check the circuit at the remote location and that has tested out just fine. Any ideas of what I could start looking at?

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies