cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

*Jan 1 05:52:33.590: %DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP(0) 250: Neighbor 10.100.1.1 (Tunnel120) is down: holding time expired

Hellow everyone,

I configured a 2811 series router for dmvpn. My two tunnels are up but one of the tunnel is flapping with this message. What can i do to fix this problem.

4 Replies 4

A Abdul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Consider EIGRP dead timers.

HTH

It's actually called the hold timer in EIGRP but is really the same thing as the dead timer in OSPF. The holding timer expired means that you missed three hellos and declared the peer down. A possibly necessary band aid is setting the hold time higher, though you should also really find out why packets are not being delivered

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Abdilaziz,

Thanks for our support. I twick the ip hold-time and the everything is fine.

Warmth regards,

Ethelbert

Hi Ethelbert,

Glad to hear it worked. Don you're right its Hold time in EIGRP, dead time in OSPF. All in all its the time it takes before EIGRP/OSPF consider a neighbor dead by not replying to a hello and route removed from routing table. Its better to increase that time to prevent route flapping if there is delay that is more than the hello time x 3.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card