Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

just finish my CCNA

need some advice.I know it wont be easy to get a job straight away.I need practical experience.Any website you recommend to use as a stimulator?I am using NETSIM, but i need something like a NETSIM PRO.Any other suggestion would help.Thanks you.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: just finish my CCNA

The cert is nice, but from what it sounds like you only have book knowledge. I will never take credit away from knowledge, but honestly it will not get you a job. You need experience and a lab will not provide that. You should look for a entry level position, help desk or something to jump in. The book provides the why, but it is not a standard. You will find that what you see in the field is not always what is being taught in the book. Nothing can top the field level experience, but take that along with the cert and it will help.

Silver

Also, it might help to buy a lab off of ebay and do some physical along with the configurations if you really want some true level experience.

Community Member

I'm currently studying the ICND1 (part 1). I have read the book and done the questions should I buy a lab for this first book? It will give me the CCENT qualification, then if I do part 2 I get the CCNA.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content