Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

L2 Bridging over a VPN Tunnel (using xconnect)

Dear all,

I got a small technical question,

I got three locations. In each one of the locations there is a DSL modem from the local ISP and a Cisco 891 Router (running fw: c890-universalk9-mz.151-2.T3.bin)

CENTRAL-----------RemoteLocation1

|    

|--------------------RemoteLocation2

One of the locations is the central one and has configured two VPN (on the DSL modems) to each one of the other locations. The Routers are connected, and configured with BGP. The connection works, and they can see each other via the WAN interface.

Behind each one of the routers there are some devices that need to communicate via Layer 2. So I need to configure two Xconnect sessions:

- One from Central to Remote1

- One from Central to Remote2.

I have a similar environment using 1900 Series devices, and it works. Can I also configure such an environment having this 891 devices? Two Xconnect sessions would be necessary in the FastEthernet Interfaces from Central location, and for each one of the Remote Locations one Xconnect session would be necessary.

Unofrtunately I do not have the devices with me, so that I am not be able to test it.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Everyone's tags (5)
Views
Helpful
Replies