cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

l2tp tunnels

emilio1973
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 7200 router configured as an LNS in which they must complete a high number of L2TP tunnels.

It seems very strange that the ouput of the command "sh ip int brief", the virtual-Template appears down-down, even when I'm 35 tunnels on state "established" and are assigned Virtual-Interface

Virtual-Template212        xx.xxx.x.xxx    YES TFTP   down                  down

Another problem I encounter is that it assigns the same Virtual-Interface for different circuits. Is this normal?

23488      1201       9891       cpe18@seasunt, Vi2.3 est    19:30:55 950

23504      2469       45432      cpe21@seasunt, Vi2.3 est    14:24:10 271

Any idea what is happening?

This is the configuration of the Virtual Template:

interface Virtual-Template212

mtu 1501

ip unnumbered Loopback1

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

ip mtu 1460

ip tcp adjust-mss 1420

no peer default ip address

ppp max-bad-auth 10

ppp authentication chap vpdn

Thanks for your help

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Juan,

my first impressions are:

1) normal virtual-template is used to clone, derivate the virtual-access interfaces. Virtual-access interfaces when up/up belong to active sessions

virtual-template interface can be down/down I think I've seen this.

2) it may be a way to provide scalability to overcome the problem of IDB limitations, it may be a feature and not a problem

see for example the following document to find commands to check L2TP state

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps4911/products_configuration_example09186a00801175d1.shtml#l2tp4

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks Giuseppe,

I'll try and I mention the results

I saw that my router has no problem So I'll start to think it is a problem from the supplier or the CPE.

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card