Views
Helpful
Replies

L2tpv3 on SVI Interface

cannone78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a 1803 with an H-WIC 8-port switch module. I'd like to configure L2tpv3 on one of this switched port using SVI interface: is l2tpv3 supported on the SVI? Starting from wich IOS?

I've read that on cisco 870 series the L2tpv3 is supported on svi interface starting from 12.4(20T): is the same for cisco ISR?

Many thanks in advance for your support

Gianluca

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you trying to bridge over the Internet? If so, why?

I've to bridge between 2 sites over wan since I need L2 connectivity between the 2 LAN.

Why?

What is that would not work with regular routing ?

Hi,

sorry for the dealy.

I need L2 connectivity between the 2 sites since I have a wireless solution where the client connected to AP needs to have L2 connectivity towards thier GW installed in another site.

Anyway I've configured a tunnel L2tpv3 between a cisco 1803 and a cisco 877: It seem works..I can see the tunnel esablished, I can ckt sent/received over the new connection, I can see the remote mac-address, but when I try to ping it doesn't work.

I'm troulbeshooting the problem....

Thanks for your support

Gianluca

I need L2 connectivity between the 2 sites since I have a wireless solution where the client connected to AP needs to have L2 connectivity towards thier GW installed in another site.

So put a router where the AP is, end of troubles.

Is just this my problem: I've a router in each site where there is an AP and in the central site where there is the GW!!!!         

But I need L2 connectivity between AP and GW--> L2tpv3..

Trouble continue...

What do you have, bluesocket or other captive portal ?

None of these require L2 between portal and APs.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Gianluca,

I would expect L2TPv3 supported only on standard "router" interfaces on an ISR router.

Even if it is do, you can easily get what you want to achieve with a lan cable connecting a "router" interface to an etherswitch module port.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t2/feature/guide/gtl2tpv3.html#wp1046175

the case of 8xx router is different because I think they have only that kind of L3 interfaces (the SVI)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

ok many thanks.

I'm reading your link.

Any way on ISR on SVI interface the 'xconnect' command seems to be supported (12.4(15T10)): I'll try to configure it..to verify what figure out.

Gianluca

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card