Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

latency problem

hi,

i have latency issue in my current setup (diagram 1 below)

if im in my branch 1 using isp 1 and doing transaction to my server in data center connecting to isp 1 theres no latency issue.

however if im in my branch 2 using isp2 doing transsaction to my server in data center connecting to isp 2 there is latency issue on it.

would the solution (diagram 2) of putting 1 router will solve the latency issue?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of   the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

With such little information, I wouldn't expect it to make much, if any, differences.

How (physically) close are the branch sites to the DC site?  Are site circuits really the same regarding bandwidths?  (I.e. same technologies, same bandwidth specifications by providers?)

You write ISPs, so are "clouds" across the Internet?  If so, do sites use circuits for local Internet access too?  Do you know path across Internet for the two providers?  Is it possible ISP2 is has a congested path?

Basically, it could be many things.

hi sir,

the branch are separateed by island, and yes they are across internet.

thanks

Hi,

if your connection is across Internet probably the problem is not  on the router; it could depend on many thing including low performance of ISP2's backbone, problems on the link2 (errors,...) or congestion. Did you make some network performance test  disconnecting the branch LAN from the router ? Did you check router's CPU load  and/or errors on interface counters ?

Enrico

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card