Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LC to SC conversion

Hi,

I have a core switch Cisco3750G with 4 SFP slot populated with GLC-SX-MM module.Now in these 4 fiber GLC-SX-MM modules 3 are connected to 3 floor switches which are having the same GLC-SX-MM.Each link is configured as a TRUNK and allowed only that floor VLAN and working fine.Now the 4th GLC-SX-MM module has to be connected to a single desk top PC using a FIBER to UTP convereter,which is SC to UTP .Now patch pannel is LC ,I used a LC to SC fiber patch cord,but link is not coming up,in this situation if I used both side SC convereter then link is up.

All 4th GLC-SX-MM modules are checked and it is working fine.

Only the forth floor link is not coming up,if I use the UTP to Fiber SC type connector in the CORE switch for teh 4th Floor then it is working.

How to resolve this issue,Whether I need to use the UTP to Fiber LC type convereter in the fourth floor instead of SC type converter,logically when I use the LC-SC type patch cord and connecting to SC type converter it should work.I really do not know.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Reagrds,

S.Venkat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LC to SC conversion

may be single mode or multimode issue .....

2 REPLIES

LC to SC conversion

may be single mode or multimode issue .....

LC to SC conversion

Hi Arvind,

I am using MM fiber modules also multimode

Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content