Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

leased line connection through ONT to Cisco 1841 router

Dear All,

Please assist me to configure leased line from the ONT connection on Cisco 1841 router . there have public IPs on the interfaces fa0/0 & fa0/1.

Please give me the ideas & configuration related to this.

Regards

Faizal

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Faizal,

for internet access service you will need NAT

follow the link below and focus on NAT overloading

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e77.shtml

In practice, your WAN facing interface gets a public IP address and you can use it to translate all internal private IP addresses when accessing the internet.

In your case having two interfaces with public IP addresses you can manage to use both for subsets of internal users.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093fca.shtml

the use of route-maps with NAT can provide the flexibility you may need.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear Giuseppe,

Thank u for ur reply...

Let me work on that .But if configure each of one public IP on both interface of 1841 router  , where I wil give the LAN (inside ) IP.

My connection set up is

External Network

|

| fa0/0 (Public IP)

1841   O

| fa0/1  (Public IP)

|

firewall O

|

|

LAN

Please kindly reply me

Hi,

You use the /30 WAN IP address on FE0/0 and the public LAN IP address (/29, /28, /27 etc) on FE0/1. The same subnet should also be assigned to your FW.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello Faizal,

I apologize I have misunderstood your original post.

You have only one WAN link and the ISP has provided you with two public IP address blocks.

First public IP address is used on the WAN link. The second public IP address block can be used to configure a NAT pool either on the router or on the ASA according to your network diagram.

I agree that on internal LAN interface of router towards ASA you can use a private IP address subnet so that you have the second public address available for building a NAT pool.

This can be helpful if there are one or a few servers that should be accessible from the internet.

Follow the documents I have linked in my first post.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear Giuseppe,

I have same situation here.

Leasdline---- ASA Firewall--- L3 switch--- L2 switch

Leasd line have two public IPs--- Wan ip and LAN ip

what will be the NAT address ?

Please send any configuration file with same scenario ???..

Please help me on this

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card