Views
Helpful
Replies

Leased Line to Backup ISDN switch over

ambosta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently have a setup of two main routers at my place. One router has an E1 card and the other has an ISDN PRI card.

My clients have one router at their location which has a leased line and backup ISDN.

The routing protocol used is EIGRP.

Presently the ISDN line takes about 50 seconds to fire once the primary leased ckt fails.

Is there anyway I may reduce this time

Thanks in Advance

Rohit

6 Replies 6

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Rohit,

One thing you can do is to try and reduce the eigrp hello-interval and hold-time on your primary link.

Would you be able to post the output of 'sh ip eigrp neighbors' ? That might help us to understand what your curren settings are.

Paresh.

hi

Is it possible using BFD in EIGRP? so that we can reduce the failover detaction time?

I am not sure that is why asking to you?

regards

devang

Hi guys,

Thanks for your inputs. My problem was that the ISDN backup to the Leased Ckt was not firing quickly. It would take atleast 50 seconds to fire. The network was converging quickly.

I was able to solve it by putting a "keep alive 1" command on the serial interface.

Thanks once again

Regards

Rohit

Hi

Try configuring backup delay and backup interface command under the serial interface mentioning the time delay you prefer to have your isdn triggered and time delay to monitor the LL Ckt and bring the ISDN back to down state.

Using backup interface command you can point the primary wan interface to make use of the interface which u have mentioned whenever theres a failure detected with the primary ckt..

int serial 0/0

backup delay 5 10

This will trigger the isdn line after 5 secs from the time ur leased ckt goes down and bring the isdn connectivity down after 10 secs of normal functioning for ur leased ckt.

regd

Hi,

We had tried using the bachkup delay command as

backup delay 0 10

However, the ISD still did not fire quickly..

Regards

Rohit

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card