Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Limit Bandwidth on a 3750

Hello All,

I would like to limit the amount of outbount smtp traffic on a particular interface to 256 Kbps. Can you please help me

with the best method how I can accompolish this ? I have tried to use a policy map but it appears not to be working.

Thanks

Colin

3 REPLIES

Try this:

ip access-list extended SMTP_ACL

permit tcp any gt 1024 any eq 25

class-map match-any qos-set-SMTP

match access-group name SMTP_ACL

policy-map INBOUND-TRAFFIC

class qos-set-SMTP

set dscp cs1

class-map match-any qos-SMTP

match ip dscp cs1

policy-map OUTBOUND-TRAFFIC

class qos-SMTP

bandwidth percent <%>

interface

service-policy output OUTBOUND-TRAFFIC

service-policy input INBOUND-TRAFFIC

Thanks for the reply Eloy, but unfortunately I receive a message "Assigning a policy map to the output side of an interface not supported"

Any other ideas ?

Super Bronze

Re: Limit Bandwidth on a 3750

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

It's a bit involved, but you could enable QoS, map your SNMP traffic to a single egress queue, and enable shaping for it.

Or, if you get SNMP mapped into a specific egress queue, you might also just give it a different bandwidth proportion.  This would allow SNMP additional bandwidth if the additional bandwidth was otherwise unused.

Views
Helpful
Replies