cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Link from 2 different ISPs

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Kindly,have a look to the attached diagram!

i have 2 wireless connection from 2 different ISPs(ISPA;ISPB)ISP A Terminate link at R1;ISPB Treminate link at R2;i want to achieve the following setup:if the first Link(ISPA)fail the second link (ISPB) TAKE OVER.R1 ITS PRIMARY;R2 ITS SECONDERY;also i want to take into my consideration the LOAD Balence and the redandancy.

How can i achieve like this setup?

10xs for ur reply

27 Replies 27

hi Devang!

10xs 10xs for ur times to Help me.this the 1 time that am working with like this scenario(HSRP With Nat)

BUT IN UR CONFIG AM NOT SEE THE REAL DIFFERENT IPs ON BOTH ROUTERS?

10xs

any reply Here;guys i have only 1 real ip on each router?

e.g real ip(1) router 1

real ip(2) router 2

2 different ISP

10xs

ali real ip will come in to the picture when you are going to configure the nat...

like this

ip nat inside source static internalIPaddress globalipaddress redundancyHSRP1

so on both the router you will have different global ip address in the above statement...

regards

Devang

hi

the command like this:

1)ip nat inside source static 10.10.100.1 10.10.100.254 202.10.10.1 redundancyHSRP1?

2)do i need acces-list to permit this traffic?

10xs

hi Devang!

1)what this does:ip route a.b.c.0 255.255.255 fa 0/1

?)a.b.c.0:which network?the ISP NETWORK?

2)IP nat inside source static HERE THE IP ADDRESS OF THE ISPA?

10XS

ip route statement here is for your own internal network... 10.10.100.0... you are indicating traffic of your network to outside interface...

ip nat inside source static 10.10.100.n IPaddressofISPA (on active router)

ip nat inside source static 10.10.100.m IpaddressofISPB (on standby router)

regards

Devang

ali,

try the above configuration... its seems to be interesting... i might be gofor the configuration scenario in my office lab in this weekend... let me know it works or not so i can do it in my lab...

its nice to work with you, i learned lots of thing during the providing solution of your scenarios... hay i am sorry if some time i had provide you the out of track solution... i am still learning lots of things i am not that much expert but mostly i am dealing with some basic stuff... after 10 days i am planning to take BGP exam... let see...

thank you very much

regards

Devang

HI!

HERE WHICH IP ADDRESS DO I CONFIGURE IN MY SITUATION?

ip nat inside source static 10.10.100.n ?

ip nat inside source static 10.10.100.m ?

10.10.100.X

10.10.100.Y

THE X=?

THE Y=?

10XS

ali this is the ip address of the source which you want to NAT to the Public ip address...

might be any PC server or what ever... i am trying to find out the multiple inside IP buinding to the out side global ip address...

regards

Devang

ali use this for nat...

on Active router

ip nat inside source list 1 interface fa0/1 (activerouterinterface connected to the ISPA) overload

!

access-list 1 permit 10.10.100.0 0.0.0.255

on standby router

ip nat inside source list 1 interface fa0/1 (activerouterinterface connected to the ISPB) overload

!

access-list 1 permit 10.10.100.0 0.0.0.255

Devang my freind!

maybe this config not work in situation like my Case,let see the comments for others experts in this forum.

thanks al ot Devang

yup...

i tried to give you the solution let see... i will check it out in my lab...i think i had created some complexity in confugration as well as in explanation also...

sorry for wasting your time...

thanks and regards

Devang

Devang MY FREIND DONT GOT ME WRONG PLZ!APPRECIATE UR TIME TO HELP ME OUT.

10XS PLZDONT GET ME WRONG.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card