Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Link Up and Down

Hi guys,

A Client is upgrading a link between two sites from a DSL to 512kbps wireless link. The problem that has arisen is that link goes down after sometime like after 2 minutes. The following simple diagram illustrates the setup. To find the solution to this I have tried several setup and one of them that worked what eliminating the switch from the traffic path, which is a bit not nice? I have verified that the MTU of the radio is compatibe to the protocol configured on the switch. what is the issue that can be affecting this?

Terabeam Radio Interface->Switch2950->Router3800

Thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES

Re: Link Up and Down

Hi

What kinda error messages you get in the switch when the link goes down ?

is it a normal protocol/interface down msg or someting else ?

Is it possible to isolate the switch and terminate the Radio link directly onto the router ?

is there any limitations in doing so ?

regds

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is a normal protocol/interface down msg. I wanted to get away with a solution that will not involve cost (Network Module, all ether ports on router are used). The isolation of the Switch works well and I can confirm after observing it for 2 days.

I suspect a configuraton on the switch, but I not sure what it is? After confirming that the same frame size is being used for radio and Switch. I have black out. what could be possible sectors?

Rgds,

Hi

Is it possible to post out the config which you have in the Switch ?

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content