Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing of the forward traffic using Route map

My scenario goes like this:-

I have 3 Internet links from 3 different providers. I am running BGP on two of the links.But my default route of the router is pointing to the third link. I am controlling the forward traffic of a particular segment using the route-maps.In the route-map, i have configured two next-hop ip address. But the forward traffic is flowing thru only the fisrt next hop address and not thru the second one. My objective is to loadbalance the forward traffic matching the route-map criteria on both the next-hop addresses.

Pls let me know how can i achieve this.

2 Replies 2

rohit_agarawal
Level 1
Level 1

can u send me confguration n ur requirment

Hi

Route-map works like that.If you specify two different interfaces , it would choose the first one and in case of failure it would choose the other one and fallback to original setup if the first one is up

Create another sequence and set the second interface as next-hop for loadbalancing the traffic.

ref :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6599/products_white_paper09186a00800a4409.shtml#wp14045

Hope this helps

regards

vanesh k

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card