Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

load balancing over two internet links

I have customer having two internet inks terminated on to two routers.Is there any Cisco solution (or a box) which can do internet load balancing in this scenario ?

( Customer does not want to invest in running BGP etc in his routers)

6 REPLIES

Re: load balancing over two internet links

Load balancing in downlink, in uplink or both ??

Regards

Most preferably downlink, but if possible both would be an advantage.

I had posted a same question on this topic on 14th of this month, u can check out the thread.

Hi Frined,

If you customer not intend to implement BGP and you have 2 internet link running on 2 different router I think to divide your lan into 2 groups and impleneting MHSRP on your 2 routers lan interface and 2 static routes one on each router will going to be the best and easy solution.

Even if you lan consist of one single subnet divide them into 2 HSRP group. Put some users into first group and make that group active on one router and assign the virtual gateway on those users machine and put the rest of the users in another group and make that group active on secnd router and standby on first router and put the virtual ip of that group as a gateway for those users.

In this way few users will hit forst router and will check the default static route and will move to internet and few users will hit second router and will move to interet and you will avail load balancing as well as redundancy also in your enviroment.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

I have PIX firewann sitting between the routers and the user LAN, therefore I cannot do multiple HSRP config I bilieve.

I wonder I can configire GLBP ( gateway load balancing protocol) in this scenario for load balancing multiple ISP connections terminated at selarate routers.

Hi

You can configure GLBP on the routers and configure the default route in the pix pointing towards that Actual Virtual Gatway ip which will be used by the clients as the default gateway ip to go out to the outside world..

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content