Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Load balancing/Policy Based Routing over two DSL lines

Hi, need some help with this please...

I have a router 2600 which has 2 DSL lines out (2 Dialers) and 1 Fast Ethernet interface in with many sub-interfaces. The sub-interfaces are represent the different companies that are inside this big building....

The second Dialer, is, at the moment not being used (see attached configuration) so...

Ideally, what I would like to do is to to establish some Policy Based Routing so I can decide what company (sub-interface) goes out of what DSL line..so I tried something like the following...

route-map OutDialer2 permit 10

match ip address X X X

set interface OutDialer2

interface fa0/0.161

ip policy route-map OutDialer2

But this does not seem to be working. I wonder if it is because all the NATting that the router is doing i.e. the traffic needs to come back through the same Dialer that it went out...

Do I have to get rid of the default route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1 OR do I have to have two default routes one for Dialer1 and one for Dialer2

Would it be easier to apply some kind of load balancing over the two Dialers instead of using the Policy Based Routing??

Any help will be very much appreciated

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Load balancing/Policy Based Routing over two DSL lines

There are many first hop redundancy protocols. You can use some of these for load balacing too. Choose the appropriate protocol.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008042fbc3.html

Views
Helpful
Replies