Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Load balancing whith GLBP and Firewall

Hello all,

I have dual acces routers connecting to dual node ISP,and we have a two  firewall operating on mode Active /standby.

to configure the loadbalancing and loadsharing over the two routers, we have configured the GLBP between the two routers ( ASR) and we have configured the default route to the virtual ip adresse of GLBP from the Firewall

You can find attached the architecture

During the test, the traffic goes always over one  router ( wehave tested the tracroute from more than 4 PC on the lan to multiple destination on the wan)

The GLBP is configured on routers :ASR1 and ASR2

The Virtual IP is .10

Default route on the active FW to the .10 (VIP)

Capture.PNG

thanks,

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

GLBP load balances per client but you only have one client ie. the firewall so it will only go via one router.no matter what load sharing method you use.

Alternatives -

1) you could use MHSRP ie. 2 HSRP groups and then configure 2 default routes on the firewall pointing to both

or

2) just don't run any HSRP/GLBP and just have use the routers physical addresses as the next hops so again you would configure 2 default routes. You would need to track the routes on the firewall in case a route goes down.

Jon

Hello,

I have tried to to configure 2 statique default route on the firewall too the two routers, the routers have the same AD/metric.

I see on the routing table of the firewall that the two routes are instaled.

the traceroute test are ont OK .

i will try to configure ospf : one area between routers and the firewall, and do the same test.

Hall of Fame Super Blue

the traceroute test are ont OK

Could you give a bit more detail ie. what were you seeing when you did the traceoutes ?

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies