Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Load Balancing with ADSL

On a 2800 series cisco router we have a leased line for internet and we would like to use a DSL connection as backup for the primary link. We need load balancing and fault tolerance for this scenario.

Please help......

Thanks

taj.

3 REPLIES

Re: Load Balancing with ADSL

Hi Taj

I wont suggest to look for load balancing with the links having different characteristics.

also with the current setup you can do outbound load balancing on both the links available which you may avoid doing but make the DSL as your backup connection.

so that once your main LL fails your DSL will be available to get you connected to the outside world..

regds

Hi Prem,

Thanks for your prompt reply, my friend then if i need it to be fault tolerant then what should be the optimum configuration. Well i found something called Backup Load will this technique work with this setup, please advice.

thanks once again.

Hi

By doing so you will make the interface mentioned using backup interface as a secondary one to carry the traffic when the traffic over the primary link exceeds the configured parameter.

Also as i said you may face performance issues with this kinda load sharing.

Better to keep it as a secondary link instead of doing load sharing on the secondary link..

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content