Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Load Balancing with Source in STM-1's 7600

Hi

Could someone tell me wath is the best method to do load balance in a couple of STM-1 links in a 7609 router?. we need to balance traffic as equal as possible. Can I balance with the source and destination host? Can I balance with source and destination UDP/TCP ports?.

Thank you, Best regards

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Load Balancing with Source in STM-1's 7600

Hello Pedro,

with CEF base multilayer switching you can:

by default have a flow based load-balancing that uses

source ip EXOR dest ip EXOR hash

if you have a good number of concurrent flows >=100 and traffic volume on each flow is comparable you can get a good balancing

in the command reference shows a command for changing the load-balancing algorithm:

ip cef load-sharing algorithm

To select a Cisco Express Forwarding load-balancing algorithm, use the ip cef load-sharing algorithm command in global configuration mode. To return to the default universal load-balancing algorithm, use the no form of this command.

ip cef load-sharing algorithm {original | tunnel [id] | universal [id] | include-ports {source [id] | [destination] [id] | source [id] destination [id]}}

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipswitch/command/reference/isw_i1.html#wp1011833

the command is available in 12.2SX and from 12.2(33)SRA

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Views
Helpful
Replies