cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Balancing

imranraheel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 871 with a single Internet connection DSL with Public static IP on both modem(DSL)and Router 2 VPN's are also working .What I want to do is to seperate the load I mean to say if one ISP goes down the other should work as I have another Internet connection for backup is there any possibility plz reply me

2 Replies 2

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

if you have cisco 871 series router which meet the specification which are in this link then yes you can do it using HSRP so first of all make sure router is able to provide the HSRP feature support with the help of appropriate IOS...

http://www.nhelectronics.com/dhcisco871seck9.html

if yes your router meet that specification then you can get lots of information from cisco website about HSRP...

regards

Devang

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

Little confused. You say you have single internet connection (DSL) but want to use another connection as backup. What type is the other connection and is it currently hooked up?

It sounds like you will want to look in to IP SLA monitoring. OER would be a good option too, but unfortunately that feature is not supported on any of the 800 series.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card