cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Balancing

shijomon scaria
Level 1
Level 1

Which all are the routers can support ISP load balancing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In my opinion any Cisco router that support 2 WAN interfaces (speaking here about the connectivity serial lines, eth...) can support load balancing.

If you want Cisco router example, this is quite tricky, because of your budget, features and so on...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI, [Pls RATE if HELPS]

What do you mean by ISP Load balancing ?

Any Cisco Router can support Load Balancing either by using a STATIC Method or with some Dynamic Routing Protocol.

All depends upon the amount of Traffic load in your Network and the Router capability to handle the same.

Hope i am Informative.

Pls RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Actually i want to terminate two wan links (ethernet) on my router and also want to distribute my traffic through bothe the links. Which all the routers can support this.

In my opinion any Cisco router that support 2 WAN interfaces (speaking here about the connectivity serial lines, eth...) can support load balancing.

If you want Cisco router example, this is quite tricky, because of your budget, features and so on...

sirdudesly
Level 2
Level 2

Very much "how long is a piece of string" one of the other guys can chime in here, but I can't remember if you can do load balancing using router on a stick (maybe I should test that)

Depending on your requirement you're looking at a 1800 series, or 2800 series possibly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card