Helpful
Replies

Loadsharing and BGP support on Catalyst 3750

fmatrine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Pls refer the attached topology.

Need clarity/advice on the listed points in terms of catalyst switch and cisco router configuration.

Router used will be cisco 3800 with BGP running on it.

Data flow:- servers will be hosted in datacenter.

Service provider backbone is MPLS VPN.

Branch location users will connect to datacentre via service provider MPLS backbone to access the data.

Catalyst switch used in datacentre and remote location will be 3750 series with enhanced image.

Required clarifications for configuration to be done on catalsyt switch of remote location and datacenter.

1)Network traffic of user vlan3 and Vlan4 of branch location should be loadshared on the two branch routers when going out to datacenter and vice cersa.

2)Qos for tcp/udp port prioritization.

3)Want to avoid the ethernet port used for IBGP... catalyst should do the IBGP.

4) What will be the implication of enabling IBGP on catalyst 3750..is it recommended.

5) Is IBGP required as both the ethernet of the Branch wan router are in same vlan/subnet.

Kindly clarify on the above listed points....I can be reached on 9324892016...Would appreciate a quick response/call to discuss on the listed design/configuration issue.

Regards

Yogesh

2 Replies 2

What was the work around ? Could you paste on forum ?

ahmed-hussein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Yogesh,

I think this design can be implemented with loadsharing by dvide every VLAN update to be sent over one router normally & prepend the AS on the other router (This is for return traffic), but for outgoing traffic you can implement 2 HSRP groups on both routers to act as primary for specific VLAN and standby for the other VLAN

Regarding QOS can be implemented on the routers depending on the customer needs for every type of traffic

You'll not need to run IBGP between the router & the Catalyst switch (static routes can work fine)

I don't know about implication of implementing IBGP on the catalyst 3750

I think you won't need to run IBGP on the ethernet if both routers are not connected through the ethernet (I can see it's connected through E1)

Thanks to rate all postings

Thanks,

Ahmed Hussein

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card