Level 1

hi

I have configure :

my local router

router bgp xxxxx

network 10.1.1.0 ....

neighbor 10.2.2.2  remote-as xxxxx

neighbor 10.2.2.2 next-hop-self

and my border router has bog neighbor to them with local-preference 30 to external link.

so I have get default route as local-preference 30 in my local router.

when I change the local preference 30 to 35 in border route, and on local router, the local preference

still keep in 30.

I had did neighbor shutdown on both routers.

but it still same.

any comments will be appreciated

thanks in advance

julxu

4 Replies 4

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I may not explain properly.

my problem is the border router configured as secondary exit. and now I want to brint it as premier.

when I do sh ip bgp 0.0.0.0 on both sides. and I found current primier sad same metic but different local-prefierence.

so I want to rise the local preference. I did rise it at border router, but, it do not came to local route.

May help?

Regards

Julxu

@julxu

Hi!

As I understand, you have two bgp routers (Say R1 , R2) which are getting a default route. Say R1 is currently a preffered gateway with local-pref of 30.

Go to R2 "set local-preference 200" under the route-map as you want it to be preffered.

Note: Default value of local-pref is 100. So i believe your issue has got to do with it.

If that doesnt solve the problem then paste outputs of 'show ip bgp 0.0.0.0" on both border routes + any internal bgp router if any and "show run | i route-map|match|local-preference" on both routers.

hi Nan

on border router (current is backup) I have just done "set local-preference 200", but

on the router itself,

and do show ip bgp 0.0.0.0

BGP routing table entry for 0.0.0.0/0, version 2

Paths: (2 available, best #1, table Default-IP-Routing-Table)

Advertised to update-groups:

xxxx

111.111.111.111 from 111.111.111.111

Origin IGP, metric 123456789, localpref 25 valid, external, best

please notice, I have two external site, and two internal router and the internal router redistribute bgp to eigrp. so, for the backup router, it still think it is the best, when the route go to local route, it will change redistribute into eigrp table and select which one to use.

julxu

Nan

forgot let you know the show ip bgp 0.0.0.0 is runned on the border route I have just changed only.

julxu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco