Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Logging Cisco Router 827

Hi All

Can anyone suggest what I should get logged for a router that connects a webserver on the internet. And How I might implement that on IOS. I have setup a syslog daemon to run on windows so I just need to get some ideas on what I should log.

Thanks Anyway :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Logging Cisco Router 827

Hi,

I think you should be logging every message from severtiy level 0 to 5. For that you need to enter the following commands:

- enable

- logging host a.b.c.d

- logging trap 5

Also I think you should enable the timestamp service on your router so that you can know the exact date/time, when the log was generated. Enter "service timestamps log datetime" for the same.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

AbhisheK

Please rate all helpful posts!

1 REPLY

Re: Logging Cisco Router 827

Hi,

I think you should be logging every message from severtiy level 0 to 5. For that you need to enter the following commands:

- enable

- logging host a.b.c.d

- logging trap 5

Also I think you should enable the timestamp service on your router so that you can know the exact date/time, when the log was generated. Enter "service timestamps log datetime" for the same.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

AbhisheK

Please rate all helpful posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies