Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Losing BGP prefixes

Hi,

We have site that is only receiving ~2000 of the ~4000 prefixes we pump around the country. A sh ip bgp nei is showing a lot of inbound AS_PATH loops, but the PE vendor does not see any problem (he said). These sites are all "cookie cutter" deployments with the following similar configs:

router bgp 1111 (obvious fake!)

no synchronization

bgp log-neighbor-changes

network 10.x.x.1 mask 255.255.255.0

neighbor 10.x.x.2 remote-as 2222

distance bgp 200 200 200

no auto-summary

I am not sure where to start looking!

Any clues?

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Losing BGP prefixes

Hi ,

you can test if this is the problem , by disabling this requirement : neighbor x.x.x.x allowas-in

If you will see your prefixes , then you will see also the as-path , and this is the answer to your problem.

Dan

6 REPLIES

hi dave

Are all the CE's located in AS1111 and all the PE's in AS2222?

If there are that many AS-PATH loops and the scenario is like in my question - maybe the PE-vendor missed to configure "neighbor x.x.x.x as-override" on some of the BGP peerings to your CE's.

HTH

Marcel

Thanks Marcel,

There are several 1111's and 2222's. That's a great idea about the as-overide.. I will open a ticket with the provider and ask that question.

Dave

Hi ,

you can test if this is the problem , by disabling this requirement : neighbor x.x.x.x allowas-in

If you will see your prefixes , then you will see also the as-path , and this is the answer to your problem.

Dan

Good point, Dan

That was very informative .. all the missing prefixes show up a path of  *> x.x.x.x. 2222 1111 ?

So I need to look at the configurations of other AS2222 routers to find my problem?

Dave

Yes - Enable AS-Override on every PE-to-CE-peering:

neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as 1111

neighbor x.x.x.x as-override

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content