Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MAC access-list in 881 and 892 router

Hi,

How to implement mac access-list in 881 and 892 router ? As you now that we can get additional switch-port in the same router but  I can't see the function in this router. I guess the switch port must function like the catalyst 2960 switch. Please help.

Regards,

Mero

• WAN Routing and Switching
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple

Hi Mero,

so you want to implement port-security on the integrated switch ?

According to this document : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/qa_c67_458826.html

it should be ok for the 880 serie I didn't find anything for the 892 but I think it should be ok too.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
3 REPLIES
Purple

Hi,

MAC access-list will only filter non IP traffic. Depending upon what you want to achieve, you may used a MQC approach with a class-map classifying on src MAC address and a policy-map of drop.

Regards.

Alain.

Hi Alain,

I want to allow only the specific mac address from the switch port, so, I am looking for the mac access-list concept in this router. Is this possible in this router.

Regards,

Mero

Purple

Hi Mero,

so you want to implement port-security on the integrated switch ?

According to this document : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/qa_c67_458826.html

it should be ok for the 880 serie I didn't find anything for the 892 but I think it should be ok too.

Regards.

Alain

Views
Helpful
Replies