Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Mail Server load balancing accross WAN

I have a customer who needs to load balance his Mail Servers to various subsets of users accross a WAN. He is asking me to configure his gateway router to accomplish this, however don't believe this is best solution. Are there any Mail Server gurus out their at Cisco to help find a solution? I have attached a drawing w/some of the details.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Mail Server load balancing accross WAN

Cisco CSS 11500 Series content services switches (Figure 4) and the Cisco Content Switching Module (CSM) for Cisco Catalyst? 6500 Series switches (Figure 5) offer an integrated GSLB solution. These server load balancers contain DNS processing capabilities, allowing a network designer to deploy a GSLB solution without the addition of any external devices to process DNS requests. These Cisco products are targeted at disaster recovery and global load balancing of a small number of data centers.

In switch-based GSLB deployments, the Cisco CSM and the Cisco CSS 11500 Series are simultaneously performing two major processes. The first process is interacting with the DNS infrastructure, as described previously, and the second process is load-balancing client traffic across multiple servers. These products are unique in that they combine local server load balancing with global server load balancing.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/cxsr/ps4163/prodlit/bcgsl_wp.htm#wp42452

Views
Helpful
Replies